LETS COUNT DOWN SOME COOL SHIT!
10. SWEATERS! – What do most Californians do to protect themselves from the cold in the winter? They wear hooded sweatshirts, or “hoodies”. HOW BORING. The world outside of California has discovered a magical garment called the “sweater”. They are warm, cozy and can be very expressive of one’s personality. There are whole websites dedicated to the artistry of sweaters, for example Leslie Hall’s online museum of Gem sweaters (http://www.lesliehall.com/gemsweater.html).
There is a world outside of hoodies, and it is beautiful.
Check out this overpriced Top Shop sweater! Its great.
9. Telling People that Bill Cosby is NOT dead- Over the past week, an internet rumor surfaced that Bill Cosby died. For a good day or so I saw many “RIP Bill Cosby” and even one “RIP Bill Crosby”, facebook statuses and was very sad. But guess what?! HE’s NOT DEAD! YAY!
8-GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN- “I come home in the morning light, My mother says “When you gonna live your life right?” Oh, mother, dear, We’re not the fortunate ones, And girls, They wanna have fu-un Oh, girls, Just wanna have fun.”
Heard this song the other day and was reminded of how much I missed it. What a great song. Cyndi Lauper, what a cool chick.
7. SullyZ!- Two Brothers, both with different musical backrounds, united, to form SullZ! I’m absolutely addicted to their youtube video for their song Takin’ Care of Bizness. I show it to all my friends. I can’t get enough, can’t wait to see what they do next!
6. Hatin’ on the Apple Store- A few weeks ago my beloved MacBook kept shutting down for no reason. I was devastated; I took it to the Apple Store. I was leaving to go back to my college in five days so I needed it fixed in four. They told me they could do it, they even said they might even be able to do it in three. Come day four they had not called me, and because I needed my computer for the next day, I went to the apple store anyway. Not only was my computer NOT READY, they were confused as to why I thought it would be ready by then, WHEN THEY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE. I have a little theory about the Apple Store employees. They usually have cool sneakers, quirky glass and/or funky hairstyles. Now, I live in the Silicon Valley, I know what computer nerds look like. They’re middle aged men with out of date glasses and old running shoes. Now, I don’t know this as a fact, but I suspect if I came into the Apple Store with my zero knowledge of computers, but was wearing some cool sneakers, I think they would hire me.
5. Yummy Salad- Avocados+ mixed greens+ cashews+ honey mustard dressing= my lunch for 5 days in a row.
4.Raffi+PLEASE DO NOT FIGHT- some funny youtube shit. It’s pretty much the tv show Iconoclasts.
3.Paper Heart- Yeah, I know it’s got the king of acting like an awkward teenage virgin boy, Michael Cera, but its such a cute movie! Of course he plays the same character that he always plays, himself, but who cares? It’s a good movie. It’s all about love and not believing in love and finding love. Maybe I’m just a sap, but I love that shit.
2.Cafe Zoe- Best Panini on the peninsula. Cozy atmosphere with an absolutely fucking fantastic sandwich. I’m in love.
Get lunch there as soon as you can!
1929 Menalto Ave., Menlo Park, CA, 94025
1-FREE DOWNLOADS FROM DIZZY BALLOON AND THE CATARACS- Got some fantastic free downloads this week! Dizzy Balloon’s Typical Night and The Cataracs’s Sippin’ Champagne. Both great songs! Go pick them up!
Get Sippin’ Champagne at
and get Typical Night by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Typical Night”
This top ten has been created by Johanna, a connoisseur of yummy sandwiches, salads, sweaters, and danceable music.
Powered by Facebook Comments